At RPT you will be provided with three meals a day, snacks, and non-alcoholic drinks. We have WiFi internet access, so you may wish to bring your laptop. Each week volunteers are given one free use of washing machine and we have a solar dryer.
Suggested Packing List:
- Good-Quality poncho- we like ponchos as they are not hot, or a rain jacket.
- BPA Free or Stainless Steel Water Bottle (at least 2)
- Alarm clock
- Waterproof watch
- Binoculars (if you have them- good ones pref. waterproof)
- Flashlight, LED head lamps are ideal w/red light,with rechargeable batteries (we have chargers)
- Quick drying clothing for a warm/hot tropical climate (cotton can a long time to dry) -bring clothes that you are not worried about ruining.
- Black or dark colored clothes for night time beach patrols/walks
- Several t-shirts, shorts, light long pants w/pockets, light long sleeve shirt-enough clothes for a week-we have a washer.
- 2 pairs of sturdy shoes for walking the beach at night (water shoes work great for the beach walks) and hiking in the area (bulky hiking boots are not necessary) day hikers, rubber boots, or tennis shoes.
- Sandals (good ones!) , Rubber Boots and or water Shoes.
- Insect repellant – (not to be used on the beach with turtles)
- 2 Beach/Bath towels.
- Waterproof sunscreen
- Biodegradable shampoo, soaps etc., personal toiletries
- Camera. (waterproof is always good).
- 2 Photo copies of your passport.
- Entertainment: books, games, music, guitar, paints, soccer balls, etc
International calling cards are available for purchase in local stores or cell phone rental in the airport
Things to donate to local schools and/or our community education center are welcome!