The primary objective is to gather and compile environmental data relevant to local conservation initiatives and to make them widely accessible, in order to facilitate environmental monitoring and research ventures of the future.
- To develop positive communication with populations and communities associated with study areas focusing on protection of coastal marine resources and the development of responsible ecological tourism.
- To establish strategic alliances with governmental and non-governmental entities working towards conservation and management of natural resources at local, national and international levels.
- To educate and enable local population, via programs and opportunities, to live in environmentally sustainable ways.
- To identify populations of coastal animals in danger of local, regional, or global extinction.
- To maintain and rehabilitate the land in order to create/re-create an intact coastal zone that protects the Osa’s incredible wealth of biodiversity while supporting and facilitating sustainable development and living for the immediate coastal populations from Cortés to Dominical.
- To provide opportunities to the scientists and researchers from Costa Rica to work with senior researchers and faculty members of US and other international universities and research facilities in order to further develop their research skills in the scientific fields related to Conservation Ecology and Biogeochemistry of Tropical Coastal Marine Systems.
- To facilitate scientists and researchers to use the equipment and facility of Playa Tortuga Marine Conservation and Research Center for their own research activities involving biological investigation of tropical marine environments in regions where such research has not been carried out in recent times.